Severstal Cherepovets Metallurgical Plant
Title: Design of blast furnace #3 complex
Place: Cherepovets, Vologda oblast, Russia
Status: Detailed engineering and construction are underway
Startup date: 2020
Blast furnace volume: 3290 m3
Daily output: 7280 t/day
Design capacity: 2.65 MIO t/year
Blast furnace #3 complex includes the following main objects:
- blast furnace itself, with horizontal copper cooling beds, bell-less top;
- two casting yards with fully closed runners and shoots, aspiration vents and a hood over tap hole; blast furnace control building;
- charge-conveying system including: raw material supply tracts, bin trestles for coke and iron-ore material, skip winch;
- automated systems of top and bottom raw materials charging;
- air heaters block;
- technological gas cleaning system;
- • aspiration system of casting yards and bottom charging.
The blast furnace will have implemented the advanced design solutions, which ensure the furnace specific capacity of 2.5 t/m3 daily. The project will use the modern environmental protection technologies: highly effective aspiration systems, closed water circulation cycle, etc.
«MetProm» GoC specialists perform engineering of the blast furnace complex with technological equipment installation; provide technical consulting; prepare feasibility study; develop design documentation, including support in governmental expert review panels, and detailed documentation; execute designer supervision.